9.27.2005

Entrepreneurs Need Professional Organizers

BusinessWeek Online recently featured an interview with Monica Ricci, who organizes small business entrepreneurs. She tells about some of the cases she has seen in her Professional Organizing career, mentions the fee that Professional Organizers usually charge, and gives other insights into her business.

Here is a small excerpt:

What's the worst situation you've encountered?

About seven years ago, when I was just starting, I went to see a consultant who had three rooms of commercial office space. Every room was stacked waist-high with papers. There were probably seven or eight years of unopened mail, bills, publications, and client files.

It was overwhelming, but I've learned to have a pretty good poker face, no matter how horrified I might be. My role is to be nonjudgmental, supportive, and helpful. I figure the person mustered up the courage to call me, so I don't want to add to the problem.

Read more...



So if you are looking for an area to specialize in, you might want to consider organizing small business owners!