9.22.2005

A Great Time to Start a Professional Organizer Business

I believe that conditions are getting better and better for starting a Professional Organizer business. Why do I say that?

Every time I take a drive, I see self-storage facilities being built along the country roads I travel. Why are so many of these being built? It is because everyone has too much stuff to fit into their house!

People just love to shop. It is our national pastime. People keep getting more and more stuff, but don't have time to weed out the old stuff.

We have less and less time in our society today. People are just overwhelmed with the amount of things they have to do. So they don't have a lot of time to keep their house neat. People don't entertain at home much any more. I think that's because they don't have time to keep their house in a neat enough order to have guests.

So where do you as a Professional Organizer come in? You are the one that these busy, stressed-out people will be calling for help. You will help them to weed out the old junk and organize what is left. If you can teach them not to keep buying so much new stuff, so much the better.

People really could use a more simple and harmonious home environment. But it is hard to be relaxed when surrounded by clutter. That's why I believe that Professional Organizers are needed now, more than ever.