8.14.2005

Becoming a Professional Organizer

In my opinion, there are two types of people who make great Professional Organizers.

1. The Naturally Organized Person

This is the person who was born organized. She kept her room totally organized as a child. As an adult, she not only keeps her own home and office organized, she also helps friends organize their homes and offices.

Organizing is so easy for this person, it is hard for them to see that this is a skill that others would pay for. But, in fact, many people will pay you to organize their stuff. They will think you are a wizard at organizing. All you need to do is start your Professional Organizer business, and make money at what you were doing all along!

2. The Reformed Messy Person

This person was born messy, but had a change of heart later on. This would describe me. I was always messy until I realized how much that messiness was costing me, in time, energy, and spirit. I am now totally reformed. My house is neat and organized, and I love it.

This type of person has one advantage over the person who was born organized. That is, they can understand the messy mentality. You will be good at helping your messy clients because you can understand them. You will be good at teaching them to be organized, because you have learned all the tips and tricks the hard way.

You have learned a lot in the process of going from messy to organized. Why not share those hard-won lessons with others by becoming a Professional Organizer?